Nuclear Netherlands consists of six Dutch nuclear companies and organisations: COVRA, EPZ, NRG, PALLAS, Reactor Instituut Delft and URENCO. The society wants to make a balanced contribution to the nuclear debate whilst highlighting the wide application of nuclear technology. Nuclear technology has many applications. From energy to food safety and from medical treatments to space exploration, nuclear is everywhere. This website presents background information and news about the international nuclear industry.
Some interesting facts:
- In terms of safety, our only nuclear power plant, in Borssele, is one of the top 25 plants in the world.
- Urenco in Almelo is one of the world's biggest suppliers of nuclear fuel.
- With its Higher Education Reactor, Delft University of Technology is part of the global chain for fundamental and applied neutron research.
- The High Flux Reactor in Petten is one of the biggest suppliers of raw materials for cancer treatment in the world.
- Stichting PALLAS is building a state-of-the-art multifunctional nuclear reactor that is suitable for medical isotope production and conducting nuclear technological research.
- The COVRA in Vlissingen stores high-level radioactive waste in a unique and safe way.